Busking is so cool right now! And the Australian National Busking Championships™ is growing throughout the States of Australia with over 9 Regional Competitions planned for 2017.
Here are some of the benefits to the buskers that perform in Australian National Busking Championships™:
1. Anyone can be a busker – Beginners to professionals
2. Lots of prizes to go around – Multiple prizes for 3 age categories, pregnancy best band, sale and special judges awards.
3. All genres of music welcome – from country to blues, patient from folk to classical
4. Singers and instrumentalists welcome.
5. Non-musical street entertainers welcome
6. Solos, Duos, Trios and larger ensembles and choirs welcome.
7. All cash tips you make on the day are yours to keep
8. Sell your CDs and merchandise – no problems
9. Enjoy the attention and encouragement of large numbers of happy people – they are there to enjoy the busking festival and your music.
10. 1st 2nd & 3rd place getters of the age categories will automatically qualify to compete in the Grand Final in Cooma NSW
11. All the top performers will receive year-round promotion through our website and social media pages = gigs! Become part of an Australian wide celebration of Street Music.
12. Last but not least – it’s so much Fun! We’ve found in Cooma that many buskers have been coming back year after year, many travelling hundreds of miles. Prizes or no prizes!
Here are the Benefits to Music Teachers, Schools and Music Organizations:
1. The busking championships is a great motivator for students
2. A fun goal to aim towards
3. Building repertoire – buskers need to perfect at least 30 minutes of solid playing
4. Puts music on a bigger stage in your community – lifting its profile.
5. Builds interest in music
6. Keeps students interested and engaged
7. Attracts more people into studying and being involved in music.
8. It’s very cool.