-The Joy of Song-
This will be a delightful concert of familiar songs, pilule arias and duets from well known operas, musicals and popular classics. presented by a enormously talented group of singers.
Driving this exciting event is award-winning Opera Diva, Shelley Hayton, who has been putting on these breathtaking concerts since 2000. The â€œDivine Divasâ€, Shelley and Soprano Lyndall Rees, will share the stage with an exceptional bloke, Baritone, Robert Horn. They will be accompanied by pianist, Emily Courtright. The Cooma Concert will have the added bonus of an appearance by Local Tenor, Robert Shearer.
The combined experience of this troupe of singers included many and varied roles in operas and musicals with Opera Australia, Victoria State Opera and Opera of South Australia.
- Lyndall Rees,Â Soprano
- Shelley Hayton,Â Mezzo-Alto
- Robert Horn,Â Baritone
- Robert Shearer, Tenor
- Emily Courtright, Accompanist
- Sound The Trumpet / Henry Purcel
- Besame Mucho / Consuelo VelÃ¡zquez
- Nella Fantasia / Ennio Morricone
- La Ci Darem / Don Giovanni by Mozart
- Mon Coeur S’Ouvre Ã¡ ta Voix / Samson et Dalilah by Camille Saint-SÃ¤ens
- Some Enchanted Evening / South Pacific by Richard Rodgers & Oscar Hammerstein II
- How Can Love Survive / The Sound of Music by Richard Rodgers & Oscar Hammerstein II
- Hymne `a Lâ€™Amore / Marguerite Monnot
- If I Loved You / Carousel by Richard Rodgers & Oscar Hammerstein II
- Send In The Clowns / A Little Night Music by Stephen Sondheim
- Vienna, City of My Dreams / Rudolf Sieczynski
- The Flower Duet / LakmÃ© by Leo Delibes
- Soave Sia Il Vento / Cosi Fan Tutte by Mozart
- Musetta’s Waltz Song / La Boheme by Puccini
- I Heard You Singing / Eric Coates
- Edelweiss / The Sound of Music
- Climb Ev’ry Mountain / The Sound of Music
- Pastorello D’un Povero Armento / Handel
- Barcarolle / Tales of Hoffmann by Jacques Offenbach
- Waltz of My Heart / The Dancing Years by Ivor Novello
- We’ll Gather Lilacs / Perchance To Dream by Ivor Novello
- Seguidilla / Carmen by Georges Bizet
- Granada / AgustÃn Lara
- You’ll Never Walk Alone / Carousel by Rodgers & Hammerstein
- When: Saturday 26 November 2011 at 7.00 pm
- Where: St Paulâ€™s Anglican Church Hall, Commissioner Street, Cooma
- Tickets: Adults $20, Concessions/Students $15, Students 10-18 years $10, Children under 10 years Free.
- Tickets available at Cooma School of Music or at the door.
- Bookings 6452 6067