Click Below for Entry Form:
cialis sans-serif;”>Cooma Music Competition 2014, adiposity now in its ninth year, will provide an opportunity for musicians of all ages and skills to perform and compete. We hope this competition will be as inclusive as possible. The competition will be open to all instruments and voice. Although the competition will be conducted by Cooma School of Music, all musicians are welcome to perform.
Entry is open to all.
Heats will comence at 12 noon on Sunday 17th August
A timetable of Heats and Competitors will be sent to all the participants before the day.
The winners of the heats will then be invited to perform in a Finals Concert that will then be held on the same day in the evening starting at 7pm. Time allowing, specially invited guests (non- competitors) will also be invited to perform in the Finals Concert.
Venue: St Pauls Anglican Church Hall, 136 Commissioner Street, Cooma NSW 2630
Performers for this concert will be drawn from the winners of the heats as well as invited guest performers.
The major sections will be:
- Solo (unaccompanied or accompanied). Solos may be accompanied by a pianist or a guitarist, or other musician or CD backing track. Performers may organize their own accompanist or a piano accompanist will available at the hall if required. (However, please indicate on your entry form if you will need to be provided with an accompanist). CD backing tracks (â€œPlay-alongâ€) will be accepted by prior arrangement.
- Small Instrumental Ensembles-any instrumental combination up to and including 6 players.
- Large Instrumental Ensembles-any instrumental combination over 6 players.
- Vocal Groups-including small to large choirs.
- Rock Groups-includes all styles. (eg Country, Blues, Jazz, Alternative, etc)
- Original Composition – A Song or Instrumental Item-(any style)
Each major section will be subdivided into 3 age groups:
- Primary-primary school aged
- Secondary-secondary school aged
If there are not enough competitors in the younger age groups, younger players may be invited to compete in an older age group.
The Solos section will also be divided into types of instrument if possible.
These instrumental sub-categories will be:
- Classical Guitar
- Modern Guitar (Steel string, acoustic or electric)
- Strings (Violin, Viola, Cello or Double Bass)
- Woodwind & Brass
- Miscellaneous (any musical instruments not listed above. For example, harmonica, bagpipes, mandolin, banjo, harp, etc)
- Original Composition (A song or instrumental item)
If there are not enough competitors in any of the heats , performers may be invited to compete in a heat of another instrumental sub-category.
All competitors will receive a Certificate of Participation. Winners of their heats will receive awards.
We will be happy to accept donations and assistance from businesses and individuals to make this competition possible.
We welcome any comments or advice that may help make this competition an exciting and useful event.
FINAL CONCERT AWARDS:
- Narrawong Classical Guitar Award -Â Trophy & $200 cash
- Peter de Jager Piano Prize -Â Trophy & $200 cash
- Ron Cox Music Award _Vocal -Â Trophy & $100 cash
- Frank Scott Music Award _Woodwind,Â Brass or Drums Â -Â Trophy & $50 cash
- Russell & Jackie Fox Music Award Â -Â Trophy & $50 cash
- Strings Award_Violin, Viola, Â Cello or Double Bass – Â Trophy & $50 cash
- The People’s Choice Award -Â Trophy & $100 cash