After a hugely successful ANBC Stanthorpe Championships in Queensland, it’s now Kilmore in Victoria’s turn to shine!
The Entry Form (right click > “save as” to your computer > print > fill in your details > scan and return to : firstname.lastname@example.org)
Handy Info for Buskers
*Parking – You will find parking reasonably easily within a block on either side of Sydney Street (Melbourne Street & Patrick Street). Other spots include the Royal Oak Hotel car park, the rear of Finch’s Friendly Supermarket and behind the library at the corner of Bourke & Sydney Streets. If you have friends or family coming by car please advise them to use the overflow parking on East Street opposite the Kilmore Racing Club. A courtesy bus will be available running on a continuous loop between East Street and the town centre between 9.30 – 3.30pm
* Collect your lanyards from Busking Central at 39 Sydney Street from 9.00am. Wear/display your lanyards at all times while performing.
* Be prepared to transport your musical instruments to each location with a trolley or wheelbarrow.
* We strongly encourage all performers to use the pedestrian crossings when crossing the street. Sydney Street is a main highway and can be busy.
* Public toilets are located at the southern end of the performance area at Hudson Park. Most cafes & hotels will be happy for you to use their restrooms.
* Put your hat/guitar case out for busker tips $$ (you will be tipped with real
money too!). A separate bucket will be provided for “busking votes”. Make sure you have good signage out to advertise who you are and how to contact you. You could get the offer of a paid gig on the day.
* Spectators who like your performance may give you “busker votes”. These cost $1.00 each and are available for purchase at Busking Central or from the easily identifiable street marshals who will be roaming the street. The marshals will collect your busking votes after each performance to return to Busking Central. Votes will be tallied throughout the day and determine the top performer for each category in the People’s Choice Awards.
* It’s OK for you to sell your CD’s and/or promote a charity or cause you may raising funds for.
* Arrive and finish on time at each of your venues. You can set up beside the performers playing before you so you can use your full performance time and pack up when the next act begins.
* Three judges will be roaming throughout the day. Poor behaviour such as excessive volume impacting on neighbouring performers will result in you being marked down. Continued poor behaviour could result in disqualification.
* Buskers can hand in any uncollected Busker Votes to Busking Central, 39Sydney Street, to add to their tally. Please do this before 3.00pm.
You need to make your way to the John Kelly Pavilion at the Kilmore Racing Club in East Street by 3.45pm. Our Sound Tech, Mark, will be available from 2pm if you would like to rehearse & do sound checks prior to the Finals.
* Finalists for each category will be announced at the Finals Concert, starting at 4pm.
* When called – finalists should meet at the left side of the stage for further direction. You need your instrument/s with you – you will be playing in the concert. Sound equipment will be available to plug into & Mark will help you set up to perform.
* There are lots of awards to hand out – both large and small – so even if you’re not playing in the Finals Concert it’s a good idea to be there in case you win a smaller prize!
From all of us at buskingkilmore we hope you have a fantastic day!
Join our buskingkilmore group on facebook to advertise your forthcoming gigs and YouTube vids.